Mortgage Interest Credit

You may qualify for the Mortgage Interest Credit, (paid per year, up to $2,000) if your state or local Housing Finance Agency issued you a qualified Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC). You are issued this once you purchase your main home that you pay a mortgage on.

If you received a MCC, you will be using Form 8396 to figure your mortgage interest credit and any credit carryforward.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *