You are a Pennsylvania resident for income tax purposes if the following applies:
- A Pennsylvania resident currently resides in the state, and
- Intends to permanently reside in the state
You need to provide proof of your intention of continuing your residence in the state.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- You’re renting, leasing or purchasing property as a primary residence.
- You register personal property such as bank accounts, stocks, bonds, or automobiles.
- You possess a current PA driver’s license.
- You’re registered to vote in PA.